Dailymotion’s new iOS camera app – turns an iPhone® into a portable film studio
Catégorie Product 25 July 2013
Dailymotion, the world’s second largest video portal, today released its new “Dailymotion Caméra” app for iOS. The app lets users easily shoot, edit, and instantly upload HD videos on-the-go to Dailymotion’s multiple platforms.
It has been designed by Dailymotion’s in house team to allow users with even the most basic understanding of capturing content to film edit and share video in a highly professional way.
“Dailymotion Caméra” is full of inbuilt features designed to improve the quality and impact of videos users capture as well as videos already stored on the users camera roll. It allows users to apply filters, adjust brightness and contrast and splice films together, producing professional looking videos in minutes.
All these features are accessible within the app prior to publishing content on Dailymotion. The full list of features includes:
- Non-Linear, Real Video Editing – collaborate with several cameras to combine footage from multiple angles, adjust clip length, trim footage and manage multiple video clips into one final product
- Clean, simple user interface – allows ease of use for first-time video editors to seasoned cinematographers
- Colour adjustment, filters and more – multiple options for filter effects (20), colour and brightness adjustments, as well as stability enhancement and other features to improve video quality
- Pause capture – easy to pause the video then resume recording at a different location
- Multi-camera orientation – collaborate with several cameras to combine footage from multiple angles of the same event
- Scalability and Adaptability – designed to offer simple, basic features for novice users, with adaptive advanced features for more in-depth users
- Real editing – Adjust clip length, trim footage and manage multiple video clips which can be ordered into one final product
- High quality video with no time limits – Shoot in HD 16/9 or square with no time limits on video uploads
- Social compatibility – Share videos on Facebook, Twitter and… Dailymotion
Cedric Tournay, CEO of Dailymotion, said: “UGC is an important part of our video library, but many of our 115 million users have not had the skills or tools to document their worlds – preferring to view content than create it. We want to encourage this to change by providing a free, simple tool for any user – UGC and professional - them to easily produce and upload top quality video content. That is why our IT and Mobile Team have developed “Dailymotion Caméra” – to help every budding filmmaker easily shoot, edit and upload high quality HD film using iOS. It is the first tool we have developed to aid video capture and refinement and will be added to the viewing apps we already offer for all smart phone and tablet platforms. It doesn’t matter how much of an absolute beginner you are, the “Dailymotion Caméra” will make it easy for you to learn, improve and share your videos.”
“Dailymotion Caméra” is available for free download in iTunes® today at
To take advantage of the application, simply create a Dailymotion account and begin uploading your videos to the web’s second largest video destination today.
Joe Meaney, Proof Communication, 0845 680 1864 email@example.com
Dailymotion has 112 million unique visitors generating over 2.5 billion video views every month according to Comscore. It is ranked the 31st most visited website in the world.
Dailymotion offers the best content from users, independent content creators and premium partners in the media and entertainment industries. Using the most advanced technology for both users and content creators, Dailymotion provides HD video in a fast, easy-to-use online service. Dailymotion offers a high quality user experience across all digital devices (computers, mobile devices, connected TVs and tablets).
Dailymotion is available around the world in 15 different languages and 34 localised versions featuring local home pages and local content. For further information, please visit www.dailymotion.com.